By W G Frankenberg
Read Online or Download Advances in Catalysis and Related Subjects, Volume 9 PDF
Similar chemistry books
This ebook is quantity I of a brand new sequence via Springer entitled issues in Heterocyclic Chemistry. at the present, there are six such monographs during this sequence, the general scope of that's to hide "current traits in heterocyclic chemistry". Given the significance of heterocylic usual items and heterocyclic scaffolds within the realm of medicinal chemistry and drug discovery, an up-todate sequence in this topic is definitely warranted, and a survey of the hot influence of microwave-assisted synthesis in this venerable box is either well timed and wanted.
- Gold Nanoparticles in Analytical Chemistry
- Azeotropic data
- Chemical Design of Responsive Microgels
- Condensed-Phase Molecular Spectroscopy and Photophysics
- Photodegradation and Photostabilization of Coatings
Extra info for Advances in Catalysis and Related Subjects, Volume 9
Brown, R. , and Pimentel, G. C. “Selected Values of Physical and Thermodynamic Properties of Hydrocarbons and Related Compounds,” Carnegie Press, Pittsburgh, 1953. 14. Roebuck, A. , and Evering, B. , J. Am. Chem. Soc. 7 6 , 1631 (1953). 16. Corson, B. , i n “Catalysis” (P. H. ), Vol. 111, p. 89-93. Reinhold, New York, 1955. 17. Burwell, R. , and Briggs, W. , J. A m . Chem. 74, 5096 (1952). 18. Wilson, J. , Otvos, J. , Stevenson, D. , and Wagner, C. , Ind. Eng. Chem. 46, 1480 (1953). 19. Taylor, T.
40 SCHISSLER, THOMPSON, AND TURKEVICH TABLE I1 Effect of Temperature on the Nature of Products of the Reaction of Ethylene and Deuterium. Catalyst: Nickel on Kieselguhr. 6 atm. Dz:CzHl = 2 : l . 0 ... ... 5 3. 4 Isotopic composition of ethylene, %: C2D4 C2D3H CzDzHz CzDHa CzH4 H in deuterium gas, 7 0 ... ... 0 ... 0 marked effect of the nature of the catalyst. 3 % hydrogen in the deuterium gas phase and about the same amount of deuterium in the ethylene fraction. The character of the reaction does not change significantly as one reduces the pressure and deals with ethylene in the gaseous phase.
3. The ratio of isomers obtained from the hydrogenation of 2 ,4-dimethylcyclohexene catalyzed by PtOz in methanol is essentially the same at -52 as at 26". 111. DISCUSSION OF RESULTS 1 . The Hydrogenation of the Isomers of Dimethylcyclohexene a. Nonstereospecifi Processes. Each olefin (over platinum oxide in acetic acid) yields a mixture which is always richer in the cis isomer. The 20 SAMUEL SIEGEL A N D MORRIS D U N K E L contrary result reported by Mousseron and Granger (12) for the hydrogenation of 1,3- and 2,4-dimethylcyclohexenesis attributed to their failure to achieve a satisfactory separation of the cis- and trans-1 ,3-dimethylcyclohexanes.